Saturday, April 30, 2011

Unsuccessful Hunts

So Ive been attempting to find some kills in New Eden for a few days now. Ive roamed around in low sec for several hours at a time finding that most people dock up in a one station system. (the ones Ive been roaming through). I found this out due to the fact that I see 10+ people in local, yet no ship except wrecks show up on the dscan. Hm. I docked and checked the guest tab. Sure enough, 8 people were docked. By the time I undocked, the other few people in local had left. I guess we docked and undocked at the exact same time.

Its not like that in every system, though. Some systems, I find several ships Id like to fight. Id see a cruiser or two and a few other frigates of varying races. Id dscan them down, and when Id get there, theyd warp off. Even though Im warping in at 50km away. Talk about paranoid people in lowsec, man. Ive tried to can flip a few people to no avail. They dont even fly off and get a new ship to blow me up. So after about 3-4 hours each day hunting, Id get bored and log off to play CoD:Black Ops.

Which is my next part. Im not the best at FPSs, but Im decent. My personal flavor of system is the Xbox 360. Alot of people claim PC is better for fps, but Ive tried it and just much more prefer consoles. Anyhow, CoD provides what EVE doesnt sometimes. That quick fight of killing another player. Alot of times though, its not due to skill that you die or win in an FPS. Its due to lag, the other team noob tubing or them not having the ability to aim and they just spray in a big circle, hitting you with one or two bullets (and in hardcore mode, its enough to kill you).

So thats what Ive been doing. I dont have the patience for a long term camp or roam to find players to kill. A few hours of roaming with fruitless encounters and Im done for the day and log on over to CoD for an hour or two. If you play on the 360 also, toss me a message on UnkemptRadical, saying you read my blog or something and Ill add you to friends so we can play against or together somethime.

3 comments:

  1. If it's fights you want, head to Molden Heath. There are some good pirate gangs in that area, and on top of that the Tuskers are currently on campaign there.

    In Molden Heath, the fights are guaranteed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you were a part of a bunch of various 0.0 alliances, there's a massive war going on up North right now. Let's put it this way: I fly a scimi, and I must have whored onto about 50 kills today, and we've had at least 3 large fleet battles today (subcap) with the promise of more to come as we've dropped multiple SBUs in their space and incapacitated a JumpBridge loop. It's been a really fun day, and I got to loot about 50+ million from the field from the first fight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip on fight locations, Ill get situated to add that place to my list of potential new homes. It doesnt hurt to fight a few Tuskers for some experience either!

    And I am part of Wildly Inappropriate in the NC sectors. I joined as a miner (orca and 2 hulk setup), but when I returned to EVE, I decided to go pvp focus. At this point in time, Im so inexperienced in battle, that I feel Id just be a liability on the warfronts.

    ReplyDelete