Monday, April 25, 2011

Dramiel Loss

There is a reason we Amarr enslaved the Minmatar. There is a reason the Gallente dont like us. Its only natural they team up to destroy us. There is a reason I will kill every single Minmatar and Gallente pilot I see from here on out. These reasons and more follow!

So I just lost my first punisher during this project. I was out in a .6 system, on my way back from .4, where I accidently bought something from. I was the only one in the system for at least the 10-15 minutes I waited around in a safe spot I made. I gave up and started on my way home. One jump over, there was this guy who I was trying to find, but each time I saw him, it was just as I was warping off. I guess he was looking for me too? Anyhow, he was in a galente frig also, I forget the name now. I dropped a peice of cargo in a jet can and named it "for you" Well, a second after I dropped it, another guy warped in who had just got in the area, from watching local.

This guy went red, not the guy I was wanting to fight, but seeing as I was looking for some pvp anyways, I decided to fight him. I quickly checked his employment history to guage his skillpoints (which doesnt always work btw) and decided it was ok to assume he was similar skill points as me. So I targeted him, and immediately clicked my scram so he couldnt gank the can stuff and try to warp away when he gets attacked. Yeah....He wasnt going anywhere....

He was in a Dramiel, and I noticed too slowly to attempt a warp out. He ate through my shields as expected, got me to about 75% armor before I turned on my repper. I decided to wait to turn that on, as I am cap stable without it on. It slowed the damage, but didnt negate it, while I was setting range at just under 3k, right in my optimal range. And his apparently, because he kept getting me down while I was doing minimal damage to him. I was able to break his shield tank, but I didnt even get him to armor. Or if I did, I didnt notice. I was busy trying to align and warp out before getting blowed up when I was about 25% armor. My ship was blown up just as my warp was a sliver away from getting me out. I got out with my pod, but being high sec, I dont think he would have gotten me. Thats a feeling I dont want to get used to, tbh.

I think what I could have done differently in this fight was to assess my opponent better. I think I saw he was a 2010 toon, maybe november? Either way, I thought he would be an even match. I underestimated his skills with that ship when I assumed he was able to fly it, but not have the skills to actually fly it. I was proven very, very wrong. Once I saw that I wasnt doing much damage to him, I should have aligned instead of continuing orbit. When I was trying to warp out, I should have turned off my AB, because I learned that warping out gets you to max speed first, then actually warps you out a few nights ago. I knew that, but it didnt cross my mind mid fight. I also was not paying attention to my ammo, and did not switch back to my multi crystals before turning the lasers on. So looking back, I was not in my optimal range at just under 3k, I should have been at about twice that at 6k with the infrareds. Room for improvement next time.

 I did try something new this time as well, which may have had a negative effect. I have heard grouping all your guns is a bad idea. So I decided to stagger my lasers. I let the first get about 1/3 finished, clicked the second one, then the third when the second was at 1/3 into its cycle. I think that affected my damage output in a negative way though, so maybe its a better idea to try with a bigger ship that has more turrets.

Killmail  link to WI and the actual km follows:

2011.04.25 14:01:00
Victim: Axazia
Corp: Hysterically Unforgiving
Alliance: Wildly Inappropriate.
Faction: Unknown
Destroyed: Punisher
System: Aldali
Security: 0.4
Damage Taken: 3372

Involved parties:
Name: Emergentor (laid the final blow)
Security: -7.2
Corp: Rolemancer Fleet
Alliance: NONE
Faction: NONE
Ship: Dramiel
Weapon: 200mm AutoCannon II
Damage Done: 3372
Name: Centii Savage / Sansha's Nation
Damage Done: 0

Destroyed items:
Dual Light Pulse Laser I, Qty: 2
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Infrared S
Small Trimark Armor Pump I, Qty: 3
Cold-Gas I Arcjet Thrusters
Small Diminishing Power System Drain I

Dropped items:
Damage Control II
200mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Dual Light Pulse Laser I
Infrared S, Qty: 2
Multifrequency S, Qty: 2 (Cargo)
Fleeting Progressive Warp Scrambler I
Small Armor Repairer II

No comments:

Post a Comment