Sunday, May 1, 2011

Condor-ated!

So I spent about an hour or so roaming through space. I set my destination for Aldali, as Ive seen a few people there before. On my way, I can flipped a few miners in hopes of some combat. None obliged, even the ones with drones. I guess these miners are smart enough to not have aggressive drones! Anyhow, I made my way to Aldali finally. With only 5 of us in the area, I decided to check whos docked up. Wow, 3 others were docked. Well, where is this other guy? I undocked and dscanned him down, in an Iteron Mark 2 or something. I kept losing him, so I guess he was jumping between safespots to the gate out, which is where I finally lost him.

In spite of my massive amount of fail in getting in trouble, I was still determined to find a fight today. So I messaged the only person who was a 2010 toon in the area. She took a minute to accept the convo, but when she did, I asked politely if she was interested in a 1v1 t1 frig fight. She promptly declined and closed the window. Well crap, that only leaves the 2004 toon and the 2006 people. Not something I wanted to fight in their preferred ships. So I undocked and was about to give up when one of them undocked also. I was happy at this new encounter. He was about 10km away when we both undocked, so I hesitated long enough to see he was flying a T2 ship, so I departed to a safe spot.



Mid flight, I decided to fight him. I knew Id lose fighting his T2 cruiser, so I wasnt even interested in doing that. I was however, wanting to fight an old character. So I sent a convo invite, he accepted. I boldly said I would fight him if he dropped to a T1 frig, as I refuse to engage in an encounter I have no chance of winning. My thought process on this is that even though he is in a frig also, he has higher SP than me by a great deal. So he should have the advantage, but not enough of one to completely negate my chances of winning. I warped back to the station at 100km to see if he was there, and he had docked up. Well, he decided to look through his assets and after a minute or two, he said lets me at the first belt. I obliged him by warping in at 10km after he undocked.

I guess he warped in at the same distance, as he was only 2km away when I arrived. Locking him quickly, I AB'd to orbit around 5km. I knew he had seen my ship, so I thought he might use something to drain my cap, so I turned off the AB once I got range set. Somehow, he cut range to 3km, 2km. I turned off lasers, switched to multi crystals, and lit him up. I was taking damage this whole time, but with my DC2, and an unneeded pulse of my repper, I was ok. Couldnt say the same for him though.

This pilot was down to structure. I was thinking oo, Im gonna get a pod kill! He blew up and as I was about to target his pod; I changed my mind. I decided not to pod this pilot because 1) he had switched ships to provide a more even fight. 2) He could have easily tricked me and used a bigger ship, but he didnt. So for these reasons, I chose not to pod this pilot. He was well within range too, for several seconds, during which I was debating on getting the pod kill still. Warping to a safe spot, I removed myself from the temptation, thanking him for a good fight.

A moment later looking at the killboard, I realized he had given me this win by not using any defense modules whatsoever. I dont know if he thought he didnt need it and his guns alone would be enough to kill me before my guns killed him, or what. Either way, I feel like this was yet again a cheap win. A win nonetheless, but cheap also. Link to the killboard follows:

http://wialliance.killmail.org/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=9566227

2 comments: