Sunday, April 24, 2011

The History

I made this blog because I wanted to comment on someone else's blog, without the intent of actually having a blog myself. As my comment grew, it just felt better for myself to post it as a blog instead of a giant comment. So about myself first and foremost I suppose. Then a lengthy history.

I am Axazia. I am male, but Ive almost always played a female character as well, because alot of the times, they are just better to look at while running around the world of the game. If Im going to be spending hundreds of hours looking at the backside of an avatar, I better enjoy the view! Ive played EVE on and off since 2005. Usually with a trial account because I never had the patience to wait for skills to train. I began my MMO gaming with EverQuest, back in 1999. I know right? This guy played a game that was all about waiting and camping mobs and he cant wait in EVE? Right well, thats just me.  Ive played many, many MMOS over the years, but always went back to EQ. I played SWG up until the NGE came along (Thats a whole other blog by itself!) and then EQ2 in Nov 2004. Ive gotten most of the "high hype" games that didnt deliver (AoC, WAR, Aion, ect), and always went back to EQ2. All those examples were pvp heavy too, so that may have been why??? Anyhow, I quit playing EverQuest 2 in February last year. I went to my Xbox 360 and Call of Duty on and off as I dont have the attention span to keep playing the same maps over and over for days and weeks on end. I hate WoW as well.

In April or May 2010, I started EVE again with about three trial accounts. I got in game and spent a few weeks deciding a plan for myself this time around. I made and deleted several characters in this process, finally settling with a woman of the Amarr Empire named Axazia sometime in June or July. I did not want to be one of those pirates with some neutral alt RR'ing his main or other alt pirate while out roaming. I consider that cheating. I dont mind boxing, as Ive boxed in about all MMOs Ive played, but when it comes to pvp, you just make things unfair when fighting another person one on one when you have a healer/buffer right behind you. Your skill vs their skill, or gear in some games, is how it should work out in small scale pvp. Not 2v1 with the 2 being 1 with a helper. Anyhow, I digress. I started with 3 accounts, found a ship I wanted to fly (the Abaddon and Orca, eventually Rorqual, still working on that one) and I wanted to be somewhat self sufficient.

It only made sense to go miner and industrialists with my three characters. So I went hulk, hulk, orca. I built my skills to sufficient level to fly each of those with the basic support skills, mostly level 3s and 4/5's when it was required to get another skill or item fit. So I got my setup after a few months of flying a bestower, and 2 miner ships, with the basic combat skills trained as I could fit them in (usually if it fit under the 24 hours, I trained it) I also trained some minmatar (dirty slave race) ship skills to fly an Ashimmu, just because it looks so awesome.

So I built funds, trained skills, then I got invited to a nullsec corp. Wow, I made some friends with other miners and I get to join a nullsec corp? Cool, Ill try it out. So, I joined Hysterically Unforgiving. Awesome people tbh, they were pretty understanding of my newbness and willingly offered information when I asked where I could find it myself. Then after a few weeks, real life kicked in and I was taken away from EVE, right when things were getting good! I let management know and went on my way.

I always lurked the EVE of's and stumbled upon a thread about something unimportant. I saw Taurean's link to his blog and after reading it, decided it was time to make a return to New Eden. I made a trial account, flew around training the newbie skills again, and not even 3 days into I decided I couldnt start over like that. I resubbed my main account only this time for now, which is Axazia. I consider all 3 accounts my main account, but she has the leadership skills and was my "leader" in fleets.

And here we are, present day. I decided I did not want to be a miner this time around, due to reading Taurean Eltanin's blog, pvp actually sounded like something plausible to me. Before that, I always considered it part of the game for the big boys with big ships. Sure, I can fly an abaddon, Im only 30 days out from having it fully cert'd and only the pulse laser specializations stand in my way of gaining T2 weapon access. I however, dont like the idea of losing a 150 million isk ship because I dont know wtf Im doing. 10 million ship fitted is much more reasonable to me.

 I happened to already have BPOs for the punisher, dual light pulse 1, and small infrared crystals, so I was off to a good start already. Ill post my fitting in the next post, because this one is getting kind of long, but thats how history normally is, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment