Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Fitting

As promised in the previous post, my fitting shall follow. I have about 7 million sp atm, spread out between combat, support, and industry. It equals out to 116 skills at level 3 or 4, with eight skills at lvl 5.

I had a couple people say its a mini vengence, but I just tossed on what made sense to me, as well as being able to fit it. A few days of research on battleclinic and in corp/help channels helped as well. I wish I had enough pg to put in a nos to help with the capacitor usage, but I can do without for now. I also want to fit a 200 armor plate, but I dont have enough cpu/pg for all that according to EFT. So for now, until I get a few support skills to level 5, (Engineer/Electronics) this is my fit::

[Punisher]
Lows
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane I
100mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Damage Control II
Small Armor Repairer II

Mediums
Fleeting Progressive Warp Scrambler I
Cold-Gas I Arcjet Thrusters

Highs
Dual Light Pulse Laser I, Multifrequency S
Dual Light Pulse Laser I, Multifrequency S
Dual Light Pulse Laser I, Multifrequency S
[empty high slot]

Rigs
Small Trimark Armor Pump I
Small Trimark Armor Pump I
Small Trimark Armor Pump I

It is about 10 million per loss, however, if Im going to do this pvp thing, Im gonna go all out on it. Since I can make my own weapons, ships and half my ammo, I spent about 60 million on the items I was missing to have enough fitting supplies for 20 punishers. Im not going to fly with projectile, missiles, or rockets. I like my lasers for pewpew. I do have implants for +4% pg also, so I cannot fit the cpu bonus one in slot 6 due to this. I've been thinking about switching it though once Engineering finishes level 5 in two days.

I have a few skills to train up before being able to use the T2 variants of some items, but I dont think I will until my stock of fittings is out or low. Any comments or suggestions will be helpful =)

5 comments:

  1. It's always a little hard to offer precision fitting advice without knowing exactly what skills a person has. With my own skills, I've got about 7 CPU and 15 PG left over, but your skills are probably different. One universal piece of advice I can give is that the EANMI<ANPII. It offers less protection and takes 30 more CPU, yet is one of the most commonly made fitting mistakes because the EANMII is significantly better. People see EANMII's on a fitting, can't fit those, and so they downgrade to a lower Meta version when they could be using the ANPII. After making that change, try playing around to see if it doesn't free up enough CPU for a larger plate or a Nos. Keep in mind that the option of dropping 1 Trimark rig to fit a larger plate if PG becomes an issue...but I was able to fit a 200mm and a NOSII with the grid I had available, but I had to change the rigs to upgrade to T2 guns. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In addition to what FNG said, consider whether DLP are the right weapon. I know it's pretty standard on a laser Punisher, but I found that GPL worked better for me; the fitting requirements are lower, and the tracking is better.

    With reduced fitting requirements you may find yourself able to upgrade your 100mm plate to 200mm, or fit that nos you want, depending on your skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comments from the other posts becuase Id rather have it one spot than jumping back and forth =P And Ive been slacking though, havent logged in much this weekend being a holiday and all.

    @FNG
    Awesome, thanks for the tip. I didnt know that about pods in highsec, as Ive lost mine once or twice there. Good rationale too, Ill keep that in mind next time something happens =)

    I have 2 cpu left and about 14 pg left on the fitting I posted. Originally, I had the EANM1 and the ANP2 fitted, obviously switching it out for the 100 plate.

    @Taurean
    I went with DLPs because thats what was convenient since I have a bpo for them. I did look into GLPs though when I was getting things together however, and convenience won out.

    I will try out both your suggestions and see if I can get a few upgrades going on, and if so, will post the updated fit. Thanks for advce!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can be podded in Highsec as a result of a Wardec without any repurcusions, which is probably what happened. I'd definitely keep the ANPII over an EANMI on a fit...it's just better in every way except price, ANPII is probably 300k more.

    And since I seem to have lost my train of thought in my above post, I had meant to say that dropping a Trimark and Adding an Ancilliary Current Router may give you the added PG for a larger plate. I don't have EFT with me at the moment, but by freeing up 30 CPU you should be able to get either a 200mm plate or a Nos. Adding the ACR might be necessary for both, but I'll let you check that on your own.

    Also, I've not had much experience with lasers, but I tend to agree with Taurean that GLP are going to be better, at least once you get into T2. With Scorch, even the smallest guns will have enough optimal to fight in scram range. With MultiFreq, that may not still be true. Possibly something to consider once you have the skills for T2 Lasers, since DLPII may be hard to fit.

    As I recommend to most people trying the laser Punisher, since I used ACs and don't know what I'm talking about, check out Suleiman's post for some really solid fits.
    http://fleeonsight.blogspot.com/2010/08/punisher.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im training Small Lasers 5 atm, so in a few days, it will finish, and soon after I will be able to use T2 guns then. I will most likely switch to the GLPs then, as a few people have said the GLPs are better also.

    Ive been using the multi crystals to cut my range down actually. My thought process on this is that if I can get under their range, they wont be able to hit me unless their using similar setup. I intended to fight bigger ships than frigs as well, so being up close and personal is what I thought would be better.

    As far as switching out my riggings, I dont need to now. I have 129/138 cpu and 54.92/55.62 pg, so Im pretty much fully used up. Thats with the 200 armor plates, ANP2, and a nos, which makes me happy that I was able to fit all of it.

    Thanks for the blog references also, Ive read through some the posts and have decided to follow them also =)

    ReplyDelete