Saturday, June 11, 2011

Punisher and Slicer

After reading the few comments on previous posts, I took them to heart and adjusted things a bit. I tried again with Aeth in a punisher, and he brought out a shield tanked Rifter. I lost this one due to my focusing more on trying to overheat my guns and in the process of wondering why his shields werent going down, forgot to switch to my MF crystals, causing me to do less damage than I should have been doing. I could have done better that fight, but I was distracted by trying to click the little green bar to overheat. Shortcut made, mistake wont happen again.

My next fight was more interesting, for me at least. I spent some time the previous fight to find out what kind of speeds the Rifter was putting out. It was a bit above what I was able to track effectively, so I switched out some rigs. The shield tanking had bothered me some also. Due to being tired of running around several systems to pick up items, I decided to use my already fit Slicer. Sending a message to my ol' buddy Aeth, we met up at a safe, about 30km from each other.

From previous fights, I figured out Rifters move fast. Really fast. So I did not bother with Scorch crystals this time, as those few seconds switching to MFs were costing me in a negative way. Very quickly, the Rifter was in range, about 1km, as usual. However, I had a Slicer fit with an AB and scram this time. The AB allowed to get and keep range at about 2500m, where Ive been trying to get. Getting point going, I turned on my DC2, lasers and Nos. I chewed through his shields very quickly, as he did mine also. When we each hit armor, he had much much better rep than me. At one point, I got him to about 50% armor, when I saw it spike at least 10% between my volleys. My armor just kept going down. And down. My volleys broke through his armor and I think I got the Rifter to about half structure by the time I was popped into my pod.

http://wialliance.killmail.org/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=9906244

2011.06.11 05:22:00
Victim: Axazia
Corp: Hysterically Unforgiving
Alliance: Wildly Inappropriate.
Faction: Unknown
Destroyed: Imperial Navy Slicer
System: Oddelulf
Security: 0.4
Damage Taken: 4286

Involved parties:
Name: Aeth Gemulus (laid the final blow)
Security: -10.0
Corp: The Hatchery
Alliance: NONE
Faction: NONE
Ship: Rifter
Weapon: 150mm Light AutoCannon II
Damage Done: 4286

Destroyed items:
Small Diminishing Power System Drain I
Small Energy Collision Accelerator I
Adaptive Nano Plating II, Qty: 2
Small Trimark Armor Pump I
Small Energy Metastasis Adjuster I
Small Armor Repairer II

Dropped items:
Gatling Pulse Laser II, Qty: 2
Damage Control II
200mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Imperial Navy Multifrequency S, Qty: 2
Cold-Gas I Arcjet Thrusters
Fleeting Progressive Warp Scrambler I

Take away Things
So these two fights, I learned a bit. Giving up some Trimark rigs for some better tracking and damage, helped immensely on the Slicer. I was able to hit accurately and for a good amount. Had he came in his shield tanked fit, I feel this fight could have been mine. Second thing I learned is that the Slicer is not just an upgraded Punisher. It is extremely fast, similar to the Rifter. Had I fit beam lasers, I could have sat at 15-20km orbiting and may have won. I think I will try the different rigs on a punisher and see how it helps or hurts the performance of it.

Overall, this was an exspensive lesson at about 35 million or so. Gotta love how the insurance agents just laughs when you lose a faction ship! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment