Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Massive Losses

Due to the outages yesterday, I didnt get much accomplished. I started out in nullsec, flying my last ship, a Slicer, into high security space. Well, that ship didnt last too long as I lost it to a group of 3 or people in interdictors and such. I had jumped and tried to wait out my session timer, hoping they'd move on and hadnt noticed me. Didnt work out as planned.

Slicer Loss

This goes to show that even old friends can quickly become enemies, showing no indifference to old alliances.

I escaped with my pod and docked up, getting a rookie ship to finish my journey out of 0.0 space. I spent a day or so in Jita stocking up on new implants and adding new ones. Ive only got a day left in training, so I bought three Vengeances and an A-type small repper. I figure I would have tried to fight that rifter with a higher quality one and might be able to get him down. As chance would have it, I made it all the way from Jita to Gelfiven, where I unloaded my new bpo's, implants and random accessories. I decided to bring my 3 ships and repper to Oddelulf where I have setup my staging point.

I chose this spot on the low sec side of the gate to avoid having to go back to high sec to reship when I lose one and avoid any gate camps there might be. Well this is one time where I should have been more cautious, because as I jumped to the Oddelulf gate, I saw a yellow hurricane. Stupid bastards, I should not have jumped through the gate as I lagged instantly with my session timer and by the time I caught up, my ship had blown up. I made it out with my pod in tact, barely, and proceeded to cry like a baby.

Hauler Loss
This was an exspensive loss for me, nearly 100 million in assests. Time to mine, because this was a huge loss. Damn gate campers.

1 comment: