Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Doing Something Wrong??

Its been a few days since I posted and its mostly due to me reflecting on why Ive lost all the punishers and vengeances that I have. Now, I know I am lacking some skills. They arent all 5s, but most that I need are 4. The only thing I can think of why I am losing is that the people Im fighting are all so much older characters than me or if they are younger, just entirely focused on their pvp skills.

At risk of providing too much info about myself, I am providing my API for analisys and advice on wtf my issue has been, if it isnt my fighting higher focused sp pilots; because I seriously do not know why I am losing. I keep tranversals/speed within tracking range, I am within optimals usually, and nothing is wrong with my fit that I know of (outside using ECM lately instead of an AB)

User ID: 6944840
API Key: 1885E4DA16144D9198E2C1D4F7BCF5933C22F95C7C13426AB201ACBF443E0E8A

Three days until Motion Prediction 5 is complete, then I think Ill go assault ships 5 to slightly increase resists, or Hull Upgrades 5 to fit an EANM2 finally.

1 comment:

  1. Looking at your losses, it seems you have an entirely different combat style than me. You like getting in close, wheras I like keeping at range. The lasers on the Vengeance threw me, but maybe it's that you don't have rocket skills. In the case of the Vengeance, I had a thought: Instead of an ECM, why not use a tracking disruptor, or a 2nd web. I think the TD would help more than the ECM would in your case in terms of evasion, and the web more in terms dps and range dictation.

    I've tried close range Punishers, and I can't get them to work myself. I'm no Taurean, but it doesn't seem work well against anything. It's too slow and can't dictate range against many ships. So I came up with a kiting fit: http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=13559076

    That fight was against the number 4 ranked on battleclinic. At first, I was able to keep him at range, and basically have my way with the fight. In the end he slingshotted me, scrammed, and you can see the rest. For a proof of concept, it was REALLY promising.

    After the fight, he told me this: He ALWAYS engages punishers because if he's losing, he knows he can escape whenever he wants to. The exception would have been in this case, since he was AB fit (cookie cutter sma II, 200 plate, dcu II, ab, web, scram). He was impressed with the fit, how the fight was going, and relieved that he got me with that maneuver lol.

    To me, the punisher is a poor close range fighter. The tracking speed sucks, the speed sucks, and the combat dictation sucks. All it CAN do is take a beating. So instead of following common logic about the Punisher, I turned it into a cheap Imperial Navy Slicer, and it did seem to work better. Sure only 70 or so DPS, but a t1 frigate fit for range won't do much better.

    I noticed you fit you slicers for in close also. I have no concrete example to say if it's a good or bad idea, but it seems like a bad idea to because of range dictation, ie zero. It is in fact my belief that any ship with only 2 midslots (wolf, punisher, slicer) CANNOT dictate range AB fit, so I always fit them with MWD's, long points, and for range (lasers or autocannons, I dislike artillery). In the case of the firetail, I've been working on a range fit as well, even though every fit i've ever seen says AB fit close range brawler.

    ReplyDelete