Tuesday, August 30, 2011

"Anti-Pirate" Does Not Actually Mean Anti-Pirate

Ubuntu Inc. is awesome so far. I mean, I had my hesitations due to the anti-pirate sentiments. Most of those standings were more due to being part of the CVA roleplaying alliance, but my corpmates; we're out for blood. This comes in many forms; be it from being the dominant corp in a syste to just killing everyone.

Well, we've begun our campaign to be the dominant corp in our home system. This system is roughly 4 jumps from Amarr, has come to the attention of several other mining corps, and has plenty of traffic. We have taken on the first part to establishing ourselves as the boss of this system by getting rid of the other miners. We are ganking their hulks. Seriously, any hulk we see, if we have enough people online with enough dps output, we fleet up and destroy their ship. This has created issues with other corps, obviously, as 200 mISK loss to some gankers is bad. Oh well, it means I can get my low sec on while in high sec and I dont even have to leave home to do it. Awesome!

Now, the downside to this is that we are becoming what we are against, or better to say, the alliance, is against. Sort of. This is where it gets tricky. They dont want to fight and be killing people, but they want to roleplay EVE. Killing and ganking and hi-sec YAR'ing is roleplaying in EVE. So we get to piss off other people and do so with the blessing of our anti-pirate alliance. Another downside is that eventually, we will either clear the system of opponents or we will have so many we wont be able to do anything.

Either way, Im glad to be doing some pvp, whether its high sec, low or null. I think I prefer the solo pvp aspect more, but there is very little solo pvp due to people bringing in or having support alts off grid that fleet combat has become essential and almost required. So Im getting myself some small gang and fleet experience developing alongside other capsuleers who are new-ish to EVE pvp. Works out because it is awesome fun. Awesome fun is ganking hulks. Another awesome fun moment just happened as I logged in, so I missed the full fight. However, the kill and the victims fit made me happy.

Please bear in mind that this victim is a War Target, and was baited into a fight with a Rifter, resulting in the following killmail:

Victim: Sippowitz
Corp: J5 Industries
Alliance: Unknown
Faction: Unknown
Destroyed: Dramiel
System: Ziona
Security: 0.6
Damage Taken: 3028

Involved parties:
Name: Zealot Nagah (laid the final blow)
Security: 0.5
Corp: Ubuntu Inc.
Alliance: Lonely Maple Conglomeration
Faction: NONE
Ship: Rapier
Weapon: 220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II
Damage Done: 2070

Name: Nos Sectus
Security: 0.9
Corp: Ubuntu Inc.
Alliance: Lonely Maple Conglomeration
Faction: NONE
Ship: Drake
Weapon: Scourge Heavy Missile
Damage Done: 530

Name: Kitteh Nagah
Security: 0.4
Corp: Ubuntu Inc.
Alliance: Lonely Maple Conglomeration
Faction: NONE
Ship: Drake
Weapon: Scourge Heavy Missile
Damage Done: 428

Destroyed items:
1MN Afterburner I (Cargo)
Corpse (Cargo)
Warrior II, Qty: 3 (Drone Bay)
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Stasis Webifier I (Cargo)
'Limos' Rocket Launcher I (Cargo)
Small Capacitor Control Circuit I
True Sansha Power Diagnostic System
Republic Fleet EMP S, Qty: 1060 (Cargo)
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I (Cargo)
Thorn Rocket, Qty: 41 (Cargo)
Republic Fleet EMP S, Qty: 106
Shadow Serpentis Warp Disruptor
200mm AutoCannon II
Dark Blood Small Nosferatu
Small Polycarbon Engine Housing I
Foxfire Rocket, Qty: 918 (Cargo)
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I

Dropped items:
Sansha Copper Tag (Cargo)
Warrior II (Drone Bay)
Gistii B-Type 1MN MicroWarpdrive
Damage Control II
Thorn Rocket, Qty: 41 (Cargo)
Republic Fleet EMP S, Qty: 106
200mm AutoCannon II
Warp Scrambler I (Cargo)
Overdrive Injector System I (Cargo)
Gistii B-Type Small Shield Booster
Gistii B-Type 1MN Afterburner

Look at all that faction stuff!! Im sad the Small Nos got destroyed because I would have liked to get that onto one of my fits, but tbh, Im surprised this pilot flew this ship with that fitting. You would think a 2006 player would have the experience required to not be tricked into a trap like he was, especially while at war and without backup corp mates nearby.

Personally, I dont like his fit. Using autocannons, he's fighting in falloff almost the entire time and his nos is not helpful outside of 7.5 km. I thought Dramiels were kiting ships? He has the dual prop, giving him the gtfo ability, but if everything else is short range, why would you use the long point? Other than stopping someone from running away as they see you jump in outside of 30km, which is closer quickly with the mwd. With the high speeds and bonused tracking though, he wont have an issue hitting people as they may have hitting him.

Either way, this guy was baited and trapped and paid a hefty price for being overconfident during a war. Dont worry buddy, Ive been there too. Of course, you didnt have much of a chance with a few battlecruisers dropped on your skull.

5 comments:

  1. Any chance on linking the km? it's easier to see a fit with the graphics and such.

    I think the long point was so that he could catch you from far away before you warped out, and worst case, kite you while his warriors kill you.

    good kill though, either way. Drams are good at gtfo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Atm, I think we're in the process of getting our killboards up and running, so no link atm, and I didnt get the km as I wasnt part of the fight, so Im just copy/paste it here.

    ~Axazia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every dead Dramiel makes Eve a better place. Honestly, I'm still amazed at some of the horrible Dramiel fits around. Doesn't take away from the pleasure of killing them though.

    Nice kill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=13928670

    http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=13528711

    Lets be honest here Axazia. You are saying that people are bad at pvp etc. Or they have crap fits but have you seen some of yours? Why in gods name would you fly an orca when people are after you and how the fuck did you lose a navy splicer to a rifter. You have 4 kills worth fuck all and 20 odd losses worth nearly 2 billion. So think again before you start making you and your corp look good.

    I agree totally that the dram was stupid in what he did but you can't exactly talk mate.

    peace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps because I can? Almost all of my losses have been due to either me not scouting well enough or because I didnt know how to fly that ship; which is the case with the slicer.

    The slicer isnt a brawler, which is how I had it fit. The pilot opposite me, Aeth, is extremely experienced in rifter combat; his prefered ship in 1v1.

    My orca loss was in a highly populated low sec system. They werent after me specificly, they were camping the area. I made the mistake of both flying into low sec where recent kills had happened and not looking for an alternate route (which I would have taken had I looked).

    All of my losses since I created this blog have been recorded in one place or another in a post, with both the reasons why I lost or what happened. My losses are high in isk lost, but Im having fun most of the time, so I dont care.

    Also, if you dont like what I have to say, dont let the door hit you on the way out.

    ReplyDelete