Monday, September 5, 2011

War Retracted!

Well, wars are fun, until you start losing assets. Things like PoS's, ships, and most importantly, time. When you camp your opponent in their hq, they dont come out most the time. Your time is being wasted, mostly because your opponents arent even at the keyboard trying to play. Ships and modules are replaceable when you have some industrial backbone part of your corp supporting you. PoS and their modules, however, are a decent sized investment that is a hard nut to swallow sometimes.

All of these things happened to the Independant Miners Guild. Not really independant as they're part of an alliance, but w/e. Anyhow, after taking out several of their ships the other day, our leadership quietly orchestrated our pos siege. I say quietly because somewhere, someone in Ubuntu is a spy. Proven by switching from an insecure Vent server to a secured Mumble server, we were able to deny all of the blatant spies and now we only have the moles to dig out. We'll get you, but for now, Im talking about something else.

With our enemies morale lowered due to the stomping they recieved, they decided to have a 5-8 member fleet against a Tengu at the Akhragan gate. Im not sure what exactly happened, as I caught the tail end of it from warping in in my ship. I saw the Tengu jump through the gate, and with me landing at 100km, I cloaked up. Yes, I had a cloak on my ship because I was out'n'about in space. I hadnt used my dscan so I warped in blind. Why had I not known of the enemy fleet before, you ask?? Well, first, the Tengu pilot was in a channel by himself, so his yells for help fell on deaf ears. Second, I was the only one out in space at the time and I was not actively dscanning. I was just jumping around to see if anyone I had seen docked would undock.

On topic, the Tengu pilot made it back to the gate easily with about 50-60% shields left. As I cloaked, the enemy fleet warped out. They must have seen me and thought backup was coming shortly after. It wasnt, but they thought so, and docked up. Worked out for me, because I doubt I could have taken on the three drakes and harbinger along with whatever else they had by myself for long enough for the tengu pilot to jump back in to help. Not that it would have mattered, he wouldnt have known cuz he wasnt in the correct channel with everyone else. =P Ten minutes later, he was though once he realized wtf had happened.

Later on, we got our battleship fleet together to hit up our enemies PoS. Yes, we sieged a high sec PoS. Why do that, you say? A total waste of time, you say? Well, yes, yes it was. However, with the way their modules and defenses were setup, we just couldnt resist and decided to at the very least, incapacitate all of their defenses and reinforce their PoS. Plus, we're at war and we can. So we did. Being in high sec, we were hoping the pos didnt have any Strot to fuel their reinforcement and we could have destroyed it. We were'nt that lucky though and it seems they had it filled to the brim with Strot, because the reinforce timer was 1 day 17 hours. Damn those medium towers.

Today, when I logged in, I had a notification. Well, well, what is it, I say to myself? Opening the letter, it boldly declares that the "Guild has retracted their War Declaration on Ubuntu Inc." Well, thats fantastic. 24 hours until the war is over, several hours less than what we need to blow up their PoS. Im glad we won this war, but Im sad they gave up when they took a small amount of damage to their assets. Oh well, maybe Ubuntu leadership will see fit to continue this war.

I, for one, hope they do decide to do so.

1 comment:

  1. that POS is probably worth way too much for them to continue the war. It's probably their indy/research POS. I wouldn't want to risk it either.

    ReplyDelete