Saturday, September 3, 2011

First Skirmish

Logging in today, hoping for some action outside of a 1v1 and station games. My wish came true after a lil while setting up and waiting for others to get their things situated. Here's how it rolled out:

I log in, with HQ camped by several enemies, join the fleet advert and briefed on which to target first. Undocking, we all focus targets. I overheat my guns while targeting and start unleashing torrents of pulsing blasts of laser plasma. We went for the Raven first, but I was able to lock up some other ships at the same time, so I tossed drones out on them. Watching this Ravens hp deplete quickly thanks to overheating guns, he soon popped. Along with some others and I tried to grab the pods, which wasnt happening with my large ships locking speed.

Anyhow, Raven popped, I switched to the Thrasher, wiping out his shields in one hit. Taking out his armor with the help of the rest of the fleet, I then switched to the Caracal which popped so quick, I dont think I got any hits in. There was an Arbitrator, which was escaping quickly at the sight of his friends and corpmates getting blasted to peices. Cant blame him tbh, it was caranage. We caught two of their pods throughout the battle, and we only lost one cruiser; which tbh, was due to a locking error and brought in Concorde.

While scooping loot and salvaging wrecks, a Slicer jumped in. Sadly, I missed out on this as I had docked up to repair my damaged mods. However, our rifter pilot caught the slicer and he very quickly blew up. His pod got caught fast, and we expedited his trip to the med bay. This entire skirmish happened quick. I mean quick. From my warp in to the end of the fight where I left to repair, it was only a 3-4 minutes. Alot faster than I expected a battle to be. I like fleet combat a lil bit more now!

The biggest kill in this skirmish was the Raven, at about 100mISK. Below is the killmail link and I hope to continue our fights in this way.

Raven

2 comments:

  1. Nice fight! Interesting that fights of any size don't take long eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very nice fight. If you are not careful, you may find that you stop being a nice, safe pve corp, and start dreaming of owning your own wormhole, or (gasp)living in null sec.

    ReplyDelete