Friday, July 8, 2011

A New Plan

First, I had previously stated my missioning place has both a level 1 and a level 4 agent. Apparently, I was wrong about this, and my connections skill allowed me to access the level 2 agent. So to correct myself for accuracy, the system I am using has level 2 and level 4 agents in the same station. Worked out well really.

So missioning the last few days has been pretty fun. Ive come close a few times to losing my Retribution, so I very quickly got it insured; just in case. Ive learned for the most part which ships will spawn more ships in the missions Im doing. I figured that part out just in time to ding 5.0 standings with the Ministry of Internal Order today. Well...I might need that knowledge for level 4 missions I spose. So I grabbed my first level 4 mission, it was only rogue drones, so nothing too difficult right?

Well, I jump in, and there is a massive amount of drones (to me at least, in my little Retri) As I start picking off the ones in my small 12km max range, I start taking heavy damage. Woops, forgot to turn on my repper. Well, too late now, I hit structure! I try to warp out, only to get an error message saying external factors are preventing me from warping out. Quick look at my overview list, and I find that Im being jammed. "Well, shit", I exclaimed. Luckily for me, my repper being on for a cycle or two, I now am in an acceptable level of armor. I adjust my targets, and take out the 2 or 3 ships warp jamming me; and warp to station to repair my hull real quick.

During the fight, I notice the big ships were not hurting me as much, so I could probally ignore them when I jumped back. Doing so, I targeted and one or 2 shotted the smallest ships, taking 4 or 5 hits to the next size up. All thats left are the big + ones. No problem, their tracking is not good against my frigate sized ship, but they were using missiles. Again, I had no issue against those attacks; due to having a 90%+ resist on both shield and armor. By this time, my armor was full and my shields were actually regening up. Hm, nifty.

So I completed this mission, taking on the next one. Similar results in this one, minus the trouble of repping. The only issue I have so far is that the enemy is so spread out, its such time consuming process to fly to each wreck and loot it and salvage. The first mission, I did both salvage and loot, flying back as I filled up when everything was dead. The second mission, I decided to just loot as I killed them and not bother with salvaging. I found this worked better, as I didnt have to sacrifice my nos to fit a salvager, helping with cap stability throughout the mission, as compared to having issues in the first one. However, I probally gave up about 4 million or more in lost salvage. I knew I wasnt going to waste time to get it, so I offered to fleet up and give the site to someone else to salvage. No one wanted it, so meh, I just left.

I had bought a container for all my sellable loot when I started this missioning thing. The thought process for this is that I might make more in the long term if I save it all up and sell it at once. With the level 2 missions I had been doing, I didnt really bother with this as the modules were so cheap, I didnt feel it worthwhile. With the level 4 though, with the amount of drone metals dropping that sell for 20k+ each, I felt it worthwhile. After organizing all the items, I tossed them into the Bestower and made my long trip to Amarr...A whole 3 jumps over! Yeah, I like being so close to the trade hub of Amarr.

Ive made several trips back and forth, buying more scorch and INMF crystals as I could afford and needed. I havent yet been able to buy enough to not come back for a long time, but Ive bought enough each day to last me the entire days missions (which is really about 4 or 5 hours). After selling all the loot I scooped from my two level 4s, I made 16 million isk. On top of the 20 or so Ive made over the last few days.

Now you may be like, wtf, I have his api, he never reached 20 mill! Well, technically no. I wasted some funds on an omen for a mission I didnt actually need to kill everything in (gotta read the fine print) and Ive had to buy crystals for my awesome lasers. Scorch btw, are exspensive! Roughly 4 million per trip Ive spent on them, plus the cost of the INMFs. To be fair though, I slack sometimes on switching ammo to the MF size, the ships sometimes fly back out of the 4k optimal for the smaller crystals, Im just lazy in switching them and use alot more scorch than multi's.

Anyhow, thats all about missioning that Ive been doing. Now, I have a small fund of 19misk. Im not going to start back into pvp'ing just yet. I am training up my medium lasers to 5 atm, to get into t2 medium guns for these missions. I am going to jump back into a harbinger when I have the funds to buy one for these level missions. They arent much more difficult than the level 2's Ive been doing in my frigate, but when I orbit an enemy at 1km, set up hardeners and lasers then minimize EVE to read the forums or such, Im not doing enough dps. It literally takes 5 mins or so to kill the one big + sized ship in my Retribution. My shields are full, and Im taking minimal damage, resulting in a boring fight for me.

As Im bored now in my Retribution, Ill be flying my Omen with t2 guns within the next 2 days until I have the funds to buy a Harbinger, as I enjoy that ship much more. Eventually, Id like to get back into an active corp fleet flying an Ashimmu. I still feel that ship is amazing, but Im not ready to fly one solo yet. I also enjoy the tears that flow when you ECM someone, so I am thinking about eventually getting into that type of ship. For that though, Im not sure what a good option would be, so Ill have to look around for that info.

And to end on a nice note, I have a new portrait that I should probally add to my blog stuff =)

3 comments:

  1. I've only got a basic understanding of good ECM ships, but from what I understand, from most to least effective: rook/scorp, falcon, kitsune, blackbird, griffin. I'm unsure of how to rook and scorp order because one is a BS with a good armor tank, the other a t2 ECM cruiser, but less EHP.

    I have this feeling that in the BC range, only the Drake and Myrm are really capable of tanking l4's. I've seen a fit where you could with a cane, but almost every rig, mid, and low slot was dedicated to tank. I think the issue a combination of sig radius and speed that prevents them from working well. But, I admit, I pretty much brute forced my way through every mission I've ever done except for maybe 6 in gallente space after leaving the wormhole. It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont want to become just another falcom pilot tbh. I will most likely fly Amarr, maybe Minimatar if I ever train past small auto cannon 3 =P

    As far as tanking level 4's, even with my assault frig, it did pretty good. Granted, I only did two, so we'll see how it progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You understand your projects stand out of the crowd. There is something unique about them. It seems to me all of them are brilliant. battle axe

    ReplyDelete