Monday, July 18, 2011

Milestone Reached!

Ok, so its not a huge milestone, but still one for me nonetheless: 10 million Skillpoints! With this time in EVE, Ive developed the abilities to fly and fit an Orca, Abaddon, Harbinger (and smaller size Amarr ships). I can fly up to Minmatar Cruisers as well, enabling me to jump into the Blood Raider ships like the Cruor and Ashimmu. I plan to eventually get Minmatar Battleships, but Ive decided to focus specifically on medium sized guns and the ships that use those. Comments on why later. I also a sprinkle of leadership boosting skills for when I was fleeting with people. I am lacking in other areas though where I wish to be more skilled.

The above pie graph shows my current split of skills, with Gunnery being the biggest chunk of my skill points at about 3.180 million. With my diversified ability to sit in ships, Spaceship command is taking a nice chunk also, coming in at 2.5 million SP. In these two areas, Ive got a focus for what I want to fly and what weapons to use, which Im actually not far from achieving. Engineering, Leadership, Mechanic, Industry, Science, Navigation and finally Electronics.

Engineering, Navigation, Mechanic and Electronics will be my areas of focus in this next year. Most of my Engineering skills are in shield resists, with each one at 3. The other skills that have to do with capacitor recharge and amount are also 4s, with Engineering itself at 5. Most shield skills will stay the same, as I dont shield tank. Everything else though will be boosted to 5. I also feel I should boost Shield Operation to 5, as the less time to recharge my shield, the more damage it absorbs before it hurts my armor.

Electronics is where I feel I will make the biggest jump in SP gain; going from 228 thousand to 3.5 million!
I plan to use ECM heavily in the future, so these skills will be a requirement, as well as the supporting skills to increase my effectiveness with them. Science will see a boost with the skills needed to fly a Legion as well.

With the Mechanic and Navigation sections, Ill be training several rigging skills, such as armor, energy weapon and jury rigging, as well as getting all Armor Compensation skills to 5, from the current 3. Navigation will see a boost also, getting most of those skills to 5 from the 3 or 4 they are currently at; including the jump drive operation set of 3 that will allow me to fly black ops and covert ops ships eventually. These 3 skills though are low on the priority list and most likely wont be trained until the end or even after the next years plan is complete.

So by the end of this plan, I will be able to fly a Zealot, Absolution, Ashimmu, and a Legion with perfect skills with the Medium Sized Lasers and below. I had thought about jumping up to the Battleship sized ships, but I feel instead that focusing on the mid sized ship range will be more of a benefit in the long term. My thoughts behind this are that by getting skills up for the medium ships, my small ship skills will in the process, be increased as well. I really want to get into a Zealot, and eventually a Legion, and head out into lowsec to get a few kills and lose them.

Ill also be looking into getting back into corp warfare once things settle down in RL and this house moving stuff gets situated; giving me a more consistent time to log in. Until then, Ill be looking forward to when my skill chart looks like the below pie!

2 comments:

  1. An interesting note about the Zealot: people in my alliance are getting the explosive resistance to 92% or higher for a typical zealot sniper HAC fit. Seems like a perfect fit for combat in this age of Minmatar supremacy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the Zealot is a beast. In my fit I have planned for it (using the all 5's character in EFT)my explsoive resist is 94.9%, with EM being the lowest at 76%; which I could boost to 86% if I trade out an EANM for an EM focused hardener. Either way, this ship is looking to be a good choice for me and Ill soon be able to fly it.

    At 400/400 cpu in my fitting though, Ive definately gotta boost those electronics skills =P

    ReplyDelete